Salsa Dance Lessons
Allure Dance Studios Offers Group classes or private lessons for All The different types of Salsa Dance Styles
Salsa has its origins in Cuba but it has become so popular that new styles have emerged at other parts of the world. There are mainly 2 Salsa styles which are danced around the world:
- The Cuban style
- The (L.A) style
Both styles use the same basic steps and the same rhythm and one can relatively easily switch between the styles.
Which Style should I learn, the Cuban style or the L.A style ?
The two styles are not that different. In a salsa club both styles are danced during the same song.
The Cuban style is more casual and relaxed, The L.A style is more structured and mechanical in the movements. Both styles are beautiful. You can begin with one and switch later to the other if it attracts you more.
In the first classes, both styles have almost the same basic movements. You can be good at any Salsa style and even dance like a Cuban.
Other popular dances in the Salsa clubs :
At the Salsa clubs, the DJ sometimes plays non Salsa songs in order to diversify.
You can go for these ones:
- Bachata is not Salsa but it is very popular in the Salsa clubs. In some clubs Bachata songs are 25% of the playlist. Bachata is a very beautiful and sensual dance, the rhythm is different from Salsa. It is easier than salsa in some way.
- Kizomba has become very popular in the last years. The Kizomba dance has elements of Tango but the music is very modern and beautiful.
- Merengue is easy. Even if you don't know to dance anything, you can do the basic steps of the Merengue.
- A Rueda (which means a wheel in Spanish) is when several couples form a circle and dance Salsa. At the Rueda, the style is the Cuban one.
- Shines steps Salsa is a couple dance, there are also "Shines" steps in which the couple separates for a while and each perform individual moves.
- The Salsa New York style is danced with the second bit. To the inexperienced dancer it looks exactly like the L.A style.
- The Colombian Salsa style is characterized with fast movements of the foot, including cha-cha-cha steps.
ALL NEW STUDENTS, A DATE, COUPLES, INDIVIDUALS AS SINGLES, GROUPS, OR COWORKERS
SALSA BALLROOM . TANGO
A FREE ONE GROUP CLASS OR ONE PRIVATE
"Our ALLUREing introductory Gift to You"
Not Valid for Workshops Or Special Events
Upgrade your INTRODUCTORY OFFER
6 DANCE LESSONS (2 PRIVATE LESSON ONE ON ONE, 2 GROUP CLASSES AND 2 PRACTICE SESSION) $45